Tricycles are a very common gift in India for small kids aged 1, 2 and 3 years old. Mainly it is a small bicycle with three wheels that helps kids learn cycling itself. Let’s help you to choose the best one from our list of best tricycle in India for toddlers:
If your child is involved in outdoor activities more than indoor activities and board games, then understand that he is now ready to walk independently. As an Indian parent, support your child in his development instead of keeping him at home. You can start with a tricycle; this will allow your child to ride freely on it. Plus, they can have fun on their way to school, on a walk, or at the playground.
Having a tricycle for a child is a good start to keep them involved in any sport as it will encourage physical activity. In addition, it improves the baby’s mobility skills and helps in the growth of their stability, independence, confidence, and hand & eye coordination ability. Along with health benefits and growth, a tricycle prepares the child for cycling.
When it comes to buying a tricycle, you will find a plethora of options in the Indian market. This mode of purchase makes your selection task difficult. So, before taking a final decision you must have a few selected tricycles.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 9 best tricycles for 1 to 3-year-olds in India. These tricycles are available under different price ranges, styles, designs, colours, and features. You can pick anyone out of them that ensure safety and comfort for the baby.
Best Kids Tricycles Online in India
As you read, there are numerous benefits & advantages of giving tricycle to the baby. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead to check out the top 9 best tricycles in India.
1. Baybee Mario Sportz Trikes Baby Tricycle
It is a leading brand of manufacturing & supplying riding products. This tricycle helps your baby develop through several riding stages. With converting design, you can make changes in this tricycle scooter by eliminating the accessories.
Moreover, it comes up with a 180-degree rotating seat so that you can use it as a stroller. The unique frame & design of the tricycle will also allow parents to see their baby’s face while strolling around. As made from premium quality plastic, it provides maximum strength and durability.
This 4-in-1 Mario Sportz Tricycle features rubber wheels, which not only provide grip but also a noiseless and hassle-free ride. There’s more, including a sun canopy that offers protection from UV rays, a basket for storing baby essentials, cushioned safety handles, and more.
- It ensures a safe and smooth ride for your baby.
- The product is ideal for both baby girls and baby boys due to six colour options.
- It is a bit expensive.
2. R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Grand Baby/Kids Cycle
R for Rabbit is one of the leading brands in baby products. This tricycle is designed in such a way to protect the baby’s delicate skin from harmful UV rays as it features a canopy. This EN71 certified product is known as the best certification defined by European Standards for Scooters and Tricycles. Plus, it has equipped with cushioned seat with a secured front bar that offers comfort.
The wheel on it has a matt finish, which gives it a premium and luxurious appearance. Plus, it makes it even more durable & smoother. The wheels are designed for use both indoors and outdoors. Some other notable features of cushion seat, basket, etc.
Its comfortable seat with a two-point safety harness makes every ride smooth and safe, and the storage basket allows keeping all stuff and toys to take during playtime. Your baby will also feel relaxed when putting feet on its footrest. So, overall it is a good product.
- It features an adjustable and removable push handle.
- Also, it comes with a secured front bar.
- It also features cushioned seat.
- Installation is difficult.
3. LuvLap Joy Baby Cycle / Tricycle for Kids
Next, we have the LuvLap Tricycle for kids 3 to 5 years old or younger. It is designed to keep babies safe from falling while taking rides due to their safety belts. The best part about the tricycle, it is certified as per the European Safety Standard EN71 which ensures the safety performance of the bicycle.
With premium-quality EVA wheels at the front and rear, your kids will be able to handle the cycle on their own. It can carry a child weighing up to 25 kgs due to its powerful tires and sturdy nature. According to your baby’s height, you can even adjust the seat of this cycle.
As it is made from metal, that makes it sturdy, sturdy, even safe for children to use. Another notable aspect of the product is its handle, which provides easy grip. Not only this, when the child catches it when the bell rings, it makes a sound. Some other highlighting feature of the tricycle includes slip and anti pedals, foldable footrest, and Front & Rear Basket.
- The product is designed using high-quality metal.
- There are two baskets, one at the front and one at the back.
- The metal body makes it difficult for a baby to push the cycle.
4. Luusa RX-500 Plug N Play Kids/Baby Tricycle
If you’re looking for the most pock-friendly product, this would be an excellent option. It is easy to install as almost all the parts are already assembled. Every tricycle from Luusa features SEAT BELT, which ensures safety. This tricycle is based on a Zero Edge design Platform. Made in India, Tricycle by Luusa also features a foldable and rotatable footrest that can be adjusted per your baby’s requirement.
There is a dedicated space in Tricycle, where you can store your kid’s stuff, essentials, toys, mobile phones, etc. With parental control and the cushion handle of the cycle, you can control their total movement. Its rubber wheel over cycle offer superior grip on all sorts of surfaces from rough to smooth marble. Furthermore, their seat is made of special material, aesthetically designed for freedom and comfort.
- It is one of the strongest and biggest tricycles on this list.
- The allergy protection seat ensures better comfort and safety.
- It comes with a removable footrest, seat belt and parental control.
- This product does not compete with the other products on this list in terms of durability and strength.
5. JoyRide Learn-to-Ride Trike
JoyRide Tricycle is the perfect choice as an outdoor companion for babies from 12 months to 5 years. Not only for babies, but it is also convenient for every parent as it comes with a removable and height-adjustable parent push handle. You can change the direction of its handle by push rod flexibility which is connected through a steering linkage with the handlebar.
The product also offers a foldable footrest and comfortable backrest, which ensure maximum comfort to your baby. In addition, it features a safety fence and safety belts to prevent the baby from falling. As it comes with EVA wheels which makes them eco-friendly and wear-resistant. Also, it is suitable for a wide range of road conditions. Your baby will freely move around them by keeping their feet on its pedals. This feature protects the baby’s legs from pedalling.
Talking about construction, it is made from robust & sturdy aluminium material. The material offers superior strength and durability. Whenever go outside, carry all essentials and stuff for the baby by using its storage bin.
- The product features shock absorbs wheels, foldable footrest, safety harness, etc.
- It is designed to minimize the danger of riding.
- It is difficult to assemble the parts of a tricycle.
6. Amardeep And Co Baby Tricycle
If you are looking for a tricycle that looks premium, beautiful and functional too, this would be a great option. This tricycle is crafted using premium quality plastic, making it lightweight and durable. The cycle has a beautiful & attractive design, and all joints & parts are designed using appropriate machines. There are several benefits of choosing this tricycle. A significant advantage includes that it ensures the safety of your baby by featuring an umbrella and provides shelter against harsh sudden showers, rain and strong sunlight.
Furthermore, it comes with an armrest which prevents your baby from falling and ensures better safety. Its removable footrest also makes the footrest very easy. Additional Features you’ll love is melodious musical rhythms that play when baby rides on it. This 24.7 x 10.6 x 2.3 Centimeters frame weighs 310 Grams, allowing the baby to ride freely without any hassle.
- It has an attractive and fancy cartoon face on the front side.
- It is the ideal option for children between 3 to 5 years.
- It is the oldest style tricycle.
7. Fun Ride Charlie Foldable Baby Tricycle
Next, we have foldable baby Tricycle by Fun Ride, which is considered to be a popular brand. This baby Tricycle is crafted from strong Non-Toxic Harmless ABS Plastic. The materials and size are ideal for a baby of age 2 to 4 years. This 18 Kg Tricycle is suitable for both boys and girls
When it comes to safety and comfort, this product gives better assurance as it comes with a curved seat. The seat has a backrest that keeps your little munchkin in a good posture while riding, hence making their every ride comfortable with fun & play. Your kid will love to sit on it due to its colourful design, music and light feature. When not in use, you can fold it with the push button to store it anywhere.
- It takes approximately 5 minutes for their assembling.
- It comes with music, lights and safety gear.
- Peddles on Tricycle are very sharp and uncomfortable.
8. Toyzoy Maple Grand Kids|Baby Trike
This baby tricycle from Toyzoy is the premium choice as an outdoor buddy for babies from 1.5 months to 5 years. As it features a parent push handle, parents as per their convenience can adjust or remove its push handle. Also, you can change direction by a push rod that is directly connected with the trike handlebar. This feature gives ease and comfort to both baby and parent.
The thing you’ll like the most is its eye-catchy design and colour combination. The vibrant design and cool frame make the baby feel happy and premium. As a safety gear, the product comes with high-back support with a two-point safety harness to prevent sliding out or overly leaning forward. Its hollow wheel with a better grip prevents compressing feet. Whenever your baby’s leg feels uncomfortable, he/she can put their feet on it.
This tricycle has a covered container or storage bin to carry their favourite stuff, food items, toys, treasures along for every ride. Parents should note that this trike is great for beginner riders due to its offering extra comfort, convenience and fun.
- It is the perfect trike for both baby boy and baby girl.
- The combination of black and blue gives a trike premium and cool looks.
- There may be a possibility of the child falling due to less space.
9. Panda Baby Product HK World Tricycle
Panda Baby presenting HK World Tricycle that your little one will adore and love riding. The cute, friendly face of the cycle with lights and music make kids happy. It is an excellent companion for the baby’s first explorations. This riding toy can be used indoors or outdoors.
This tricycle is a suitable option for your little ones who are unfamiliar with tricycles. This brightly coloured riding tool features storage on the front and back as well for storing toys, essential stuff like bottles, foods, and lightweight bags along in every ride. The product is thoughtfully designed to promote the baby’s balance, coordination and motor skills. This 2 Kg tricycle is a kick start when it comes to the development of your baby.
- It is an affordable product.
- The colourful frame encourages the baby to take the ride.
- Lacks advanced safety features and harnesses.
How To Choose The Best Tricycle in India
As we have discussed earlier, the tricycle promotes balance and eye-hand coordination and it also helps in the physical development of children. While buying a tricycle for your kid, you will find a ton of options available in the market, which can be under your budget, as per your colour preference and with several safety features.
But, this method of selection can be confusing so you must keep in mind the major factors to ensure that the product you are going to choose is safe for your baby. Here is a detailed shopping guide on the best tricycles that will help one make a knowledgeable purchase.
→ 1. Cycle’s Frame
According to the safety standards, cycles typically made up of steel are durable enough, and mainly resistant to rust, corrosion and seasonal changes, which is essential if you plan to shift from one place to another. There is also a tricycle model available that is made of a plastic frame, which many parents choose for their children.
→ 2. Safety Certification
The most important aspect is the safety certification which most parents do not pay attention to. Make sure the tricycle you choose meets all safety standards or has been certified by Industrial Safety Measures. EN-71 is one of the specific certifications by European standards for tricycles for the safety of toddlers and babies. For example: For Rabbit & Baby companies, R pays attention to every little point to supply the safest product.
→ 3. Age Recommendation
To choose the right type of tricycle for your child, it is necessary to consider the age of the child as well. For example, it is good to choose a tricycle for a three-year-old that does not have pedals as it allows the child to propel the bicycle with his feet. It stretches the muscles of the lower body and increases the mobility of the product.
→ 4. Accumulating
The tricycle has a DIY assembled option or comes in an assembly shape. You can choose any one of these depending on your convenience and the space of the room. A tricycle that can be disassembled is more convenient to store in the least space and maintain in all weather.
→ 5. Portability
With the foldable design of the tricycle, you can take it anywhere, hence ensuring portability. In case of outings, you can easily take the tricycle. In addition, the tricycle’s foldability also provides efficient storage.
→ 6. Colour Option
Colour is the major concern of most parents when it comes to choosing a tricycle. The elegant design with bright colours allows a tricycle to stand out and attract your child. Choose one that attracts your baby.
→ 7. Cushioned Seat
Tricycles with soft and cushioned seats support the child’s lower back, and these seats are usually made of plastic. Manufacturers provide a thin layer of sheeting over the top of the seat for most young babies. This layer is equipped to provide great comfort and prevent slipping.
→ 8. Storage
Modern tricycle models now come with storage option in the form of bucket or basket which varies from brand to brand. This storage space can be under the seat or behind the seat. The storage space in the tricycle allows parents to carry essentials, baby food, diapers, toys or other useful items while on the go.
→ 9. Height Adjustment
Most parents are of the view that choosing a bigger tricycle will help their child at every stage of development. But, it can increase the risk of falling. A child should be able to comfortably push the tricycle, and put their feet on the pedals once seated. If you want to avoid repeated investments, you can go with a tricycle that has an adjustable seat. This way you can use the same cycle after adjusting the height as your child gets older.
→ 10. Harnesses
Another important aspect when talking about tricycles is the safety harness. This prevents the baby from slipping. Parents should look for a tricycle that has at least a three-point safety harness.
→ 11. Cost
The cost of a tricycle varies based on the models, features, accessories and size. However, it is advised to choose some valuable accessories like elbow & knee pads, helmets, etc. Features like adjustable handlebars and seats not only add to the price but also add to the comfort and convenience of the child while cycling.
Kids Tricycles Safety Tips For Parents: Do’s and Don’ts
Most toddlers have a lot of energy to burn, and they’re also a big fan of anything that moves. Is it possible to find three-wheeled bike or scooter that is both educational and fun?
Consider your child’s size and ability before you go shopping: Strength, as well as coordination, is as important as age in determining whether or not a child is ready to ride a tricycle. Here’s how to keep your baby safe once he’s ready.
→ Safety tips for parents for kid’s tricycles
Before you head out to the store to buy your child’s first ride-on toy, consider these safety precautions:
- To ensure that the trike, scooter, or other ride-on toy is a good fit for your child, take him with you to the store to test-drive it. Have him play with a friend’s toy car.
- Make sure that the helmet you purchase for your child is CPSC-approved; it should be clearly marked on the inside liner. If you want to avoid your child getting hurt in a fall, steer clear of helmets that have unnecessary protruding décor (like bunny ears and shark fins) or apply your own stickers to the smooth surface.
- Always let your child ride his scooter and trike only after wearing a helmet, not only for his own protection but also for the sake of his future safety on bikes, rollerblades, and skateboards.
- The use of knee or elbow pads isn’t required for those riding a scooter or trike, but it’s a great idea for the many children who are still learning how to balance.
- Do not purchase a bicycle toy for the child to grow into. Those recommended minimum and maximum ages on the package are there to protect your child.
- Don’t put together a ride-on toy in the same room as the child. Many of these toys have a lot of small parts & screws that are easy for a child to pick up or put in their mouths, making them dangerous for children.
- Be aware of where you’re going when you’re out on the road. Don’t ride with the child on a busy street. Bicycle-only areas, like recreational trails, should be avoided at all costs.
- When it’s raining or snowing, don’t go on a ride with your child.
- Never ride a bike with an infant in a backpack or a front pack.
As mentioned above, a tricycle for kids is an essential item when it comes to the mental and physical development of the child. It’s okay to be selective with tricycle brands, but it confuses your selection. Keeping your concerns in mind, we have brought you some of the best tricycles which are easily available on e-commerce websites like Amazon. You just need to look at our selected options and make a wise decision.
- Best Kids Tricycles Online in India
- 1. Baybee Mario Sportz Trikes Baby Tricycle
- 2. R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Grand Baby/Kids Cycle
- 3. LuvLap Joy Baby Cycle / Tricycle for Kids
- 4. Luusa RX-500 Plug N Play Kids/Baby Tricycle
- 5. JoyRide Learn-to-Ride Trike
- 6. Amardeep And Co Baby Tricycle
- 7. Fun Ride Charlie Foldable Baby Tricycle
- 8. Toyzoy Maple Grand Kids|Baby Trike
- 9. Panda Baby Product HK World Tricycle
- How To Choose The Best Tricycle in India
- Kids Tricycles Safety Tips For Parents: Do’s and Don’ts