A stroller is one of those things that as a newbie parent you’re bound to think of. Strollers are known to support and provide comfort to the baby whilst keeping them stable.And the best part, they allow you to take your baby for a walk down the road with ease. It’s a reason why strollers are preferred by many parents.
But there’s one thing. How do you use a stroller for a newborn? Usually, strollers are used for infants and toddlers. So how do you make sure that the newborn baby remains safe when using a stroller. That’s something we’ll take a look at down below.
Things to Know Before Buying a Stroller for a Newborn
Before you understand the working mechanism of the stroller for a newborn you also need to understand the ins and outs of a stroller for a newborn. Let’s find out the pick of the things to know before buying a stroller for a newborn.
- Look for stability: Stability is often one of the pick points when you go for a stroller for a newborn baby. A newborn baby needs ample support, stability, and protection whilst also being comfortable. Only then would the baby find it good to stay on the stroller. Make sure you check the suspension levels to see if the stroller remains stable or not.
- Look for the inclination on the seats: Another major point to focus on is the reclining or the inclination of the seats for the babies. Most of the strollers in the market come with limited inclination support for the babies and this can affect the newborn when it comes to comfort. Make sure that the strollers come with fully reclinable seats.
- Purpose of the stroller: Another major factor to think of is the purpose of the stroller. Are you looking for a stroller so that you can take your newborn to a walk or hold them safely into the car while driving? If you are more about walking, going for a normal stroller would do fine but if you are looking to drive to places, then a stroller with support for baby comfort levels will be needed.
- Storage and Space Consumption: Strollers tend to take quite a lot of space when put into storage. They can often consume a large chunk of the area. This is why some of the strollers come with a folding mechanism to help save space and consume less storage area. Look to make sure that you find the one that suits your space.
- Quality and Comfort: Since strollers are used for babies, you should never compromise on the quality and the comfort factor. And since you’re looking for a stroller for a newborn, quality and comfort should be one of your main agendas.
How to use a stroller for a newborn
Here are the safety measures and guides on how to use a stroller for a newborn baby:
- Always make sure that the folding mechanism is locked in place when you open and setup the stroller.
- Use the 5-harness belt to pram your newborn baby to the seat of the stroller. This way you can secure the lock and make sure that the baby won’t fall from the stroller.
- Use the harness to place the baby. Make sure to harness the shoulder area, between the legs and the waist for best results.
- Check the wheels of the stroller before taking the baby for a walk.
- Once you go out for a walk, push on the brake and lock it when you have to stop so that the stroller doesn’t run away itself.
- Always put your hand over the tether strap so that you will always have control of the stroller.
- When you get stuck in the traffic, make sure to park or put a hold on your stroller ahead of you so that the baby and the stroller don’t get sucked into the mass of people.
- Use support tools and bags to store the essentials items rather than loading them into the stroller seats.
Using a stroller can help in many more ways than we can imagine. It can help in taking the baby for a walk without hampering their comfort levels. But there are precautions and measures you need to take care of while going for a stroller and when it comes to using strollers for newborns. We hope that this post can help you safely use the stroller for your newborn.
Related Tutorial Topics:
- How to Close or Fold a Baby Stroller?
- How to Assemble a Baby Stroller?
- Different Types Of Baby Strollers Parent Should Know
- How To Clean A Baby Stroller
- 10 Amazing Stroller Hacks Every Parent Should Know
- Baby Stroller Advantages And Disadvantages
- How Do I Keep My Baby Entertained In A Stroller?
- Difference Between Baby Pram and Stroller
- Baby Stroller Safety Rules: Tips for New parents
- How To Make Baby Sit In Stroller?
- Know The Age-By-Age Guide to use Strollers